Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Windsor & Eton Brewery - Tree Tops 4.8%



Taste: Wow! That's nice! I'm drinking this post-stew and there's a toasted flavour to this stout. There's Vanilla too. The flavour is deep! This is great stuff.... I've just read that it is a classic stout brewed with some traditional African ingredients to celebrate the commonwealth and brewing in that region. Interesting, I've never seen an ingredients list so long on a beer... Yams!!! There's something in here that reminds me of nettle beer for some reason.

Appearance: Very dark stout, not much head. it looks like the smooth serfice of a magic-eight ball. Small 330ml bottle looks good. Nice info on bottle.

Would you buy 2? I'd jump at the chance!

Would you buy 4? Yes please, I hope this becomes a mainstay at Windsor & Eton.

Rating (out of 7): 6****** Really impressive modern brewing, up with the most interesting stouts I've tried.

No comments: