Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Kernel Brewery - Big Brick Collaboration - Red Rye Ale 8.9%



Taste: This is strong at almost 9%. So to celebrate, I've got Die Hard on Blu-Ray, hoping that John McClane's heroic/idiotic antics will complement the flavours here. It's smells like dark chocolate somehow, with a homebrew twang. Taste is deep with Iron or Blood overtones. In a pleasant way. Fizzier than expected, it gives me a nettley sting. Also lighter than most beers of this strength. I like it!

Appearance: Coca-Cola

Would you buy 2? Yes! I could take two down!

Would you buy 4? I wish, but it would break the bank and the liver.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** lost out on a six by not being quite as delicious as other Kernel Beers. As I write this I'm changing my mind though, I'd better sign off.





No comments: