Friday, July 29, 2011

Oakleaf Brewery - Hole Hearted 4.7%


Taste: A whiff of pine as I dive in... It's a hop bomb! My god, that's nice. The fact that it's my first beer after work on a Friday may help. Quite flowery, but bitter... Like eating the stem, not the petals. You can really taste the Stamen in the aftertaste. Yummers!


Appearance: Initially worried that this ale is named after a pretty serious medical condition. There's something odd about the label. What a strange name! I was expecting to see "5p of the sale of this ale goes to help children at Great Ormand St."; Sadly not. On another note. The beer looks great. Crystal Clear, A pleasant surprise.


Would you buy 2? "It's Britney Bitch, I see you, And i just wanna dance with you. Every time they turn the lights down, Just wanna go that extra mile for you, You got my display of affection
Feels like no one else in the room, Gimme Gimme more, Gimme more, Gimme gimme more [x4]"

Would you buy 4? I think the Britney Spears lyrics from the previous answer speak volumes...


Rating (out of 7): 6****** I've turned the lights off. I want to be alone with this ale.

No comments: