Monday, December 26, 2011

Ballast Point Brewing Company - Black Marlin Porter 6%



Taste: The smell is good. Caramel coffee sweets... If they existed. Ahhh the first sip was good. Really targets pain fast™ (I got a splinter in my foot this morning). It tastes light, but it's full of flavour and a little hoppy too, which is unusual for a porter.

Appearance: the large Bottle with a photo-realistic rendering of a fighting marlin really sold this beer to me. Liquid is black with a coke head. I've just noticed that the bottle has the first beer cocktail recipe I've ever seen; half of this and half their IPA for a "black eye"! I'm curious...

Would you buy 2? Yes, but I want a black eye.

Would you buy 4? Four black eyes, yes.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** a nice beer from San Diego (where that T-Rex went on that jaunt in the documentary; Jurassic Park II).

No comments: