Friday, January 20, 2012

Ascot Ales - Alligator Ale 4.6%



Taste: Whoa! Smells good, but the first taste is that of swallowing salty water with a dose of sand. Let's see how this pans out... It's hoppy, bitter. Best suited to sitting on a picnic table in a pub garden.

Appearance: Orangeade. The sleazy alligator on the bottle sealed the deal when choosing this one.

Would You Buy 2? It has a warming aftertaste. In turn, I am warming to the ale. I'd buy two.

Would You Buy 4? It's grown on me in a matter of minutes. I reminds me of butter for some reason. This is pretty good! Four please!

Rating (Out of 7): 5***** what a confusing beer. It's smacked me upside the head.

Location:Clapham

1 comment:

Alefan said...

That is one sleazy alligator. Which animal is the most enticing on an ale label/pump?  I've always thought bees, but other attention grabbers for me are dogs, water based mammals (excluding dolphins perhaps) and deer/stag/elk. Personally I'm wary of cat / ale scenarios and certain mythical creatures - goblins are a bit old hat, but something like a minotaur could be a winner. I would like to see more dinosaur / ale partnerships.