Saturday, January 28, 2012

Windsor & Eton Brewey - Conqueror 1075 Black IPA 7.4%



Taste: This beer is set nine years after whatever William the Conquerer did at the battle of Hastings. Perhaps the sequel to those events. Oh god... I love ale, It's so stouty. F**k! It's bloody. Like a battle... It's giving me a feeling of Euphoria because I haven't drunk ale since Christmas and I've been reading Game of Thrones. Tastes like all my favorite things; Marmite, Whiskey, Licorice and Cigars.

Appearance: It's got Facebook and Twitter icons on it. It's a vain attempt to drag a medieval ale into the twenty-first century. The label actually lowers my expectations... Quite eighties. Noughties taste.

Would you buy 2? Yeah. But I didn't buy the first one. The person typing this review bought it for me.

Would you buy 4? No. Too stouty... You can't drinks four of these.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** Best served after a whole block of blue cheese, a whole bottle of Port, a bowl of Peanut M&M's.

1 comment:

Barl Fire said...

Had a bottle of this yesterday, very tasty