Sunday, March 10, 2013

Stone Brewing Co. - Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale 8.7%


Taste: I'm wildly excited about drinking this one. Pricey at £12 so the stakes are high... It has an incredible smell of sweet, hoppy booze. My god. Do you remember the scene from Indiana Jones when the guy drinks from the wrong Grail and melts to his bones? That just happened to me. This is fiercely hopped with some deep fruity flavours and a some malts too.

Appearance: I've been told off by the brewery. Apparently the character on the labels of their beers is a Gargoyle. Not Satan. (Although I asked my wife what she thought it was and she said "it's clearly the devil". Beer is a dark, handsome brown.

Would you buy 2? I wish I could afford to.

Would you buy 4? Again. I'd happily accept a crate of these from the kind folk at Stone.

Rating (out of 7): 6****** Worth the price tag.

1 comment:

Neil Young said...

This ale sounds amazing!