Saturday, March 17, 2012

Meantime - India Pale Ale 7.4%


Taste: Disaster! Mike spilt stout all over the carpet and then used 'stain slayer' so now the whole lounge smells of lemon peel. It's hard to taste anything anymore. We'll carry on regardless. Sorry, Meantime... It's very wheaty, almost Belgium in style. Wild tasting. Hoppy too. This is good. Now, if only our curry would turn up!

Appearance: giant champagne style bottle is most welcome! Strong too.

Would you buy 2? We have. £10. I don't regret it.

Would you buy 4? Come on. No one has that kind of money.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** a really nice, strong gulp.

2 comments:

Graeme said...

I wish i'd bought two! I was nervous of the size/strength, but one bottle down and now I'm scratching around the ale cupboard for another IPA. If only I'd read the review first!

Darren said...

Didn't remember that I'd drunk this, uh oh. No one likes scratching around the ale cupboard for something suitable. Time to stock up!