Friday, March 23, 2012

William Bros - Kelpie Seaweed Ale (4.4%)



Taste: My first taste hit me with 6 stars. Complex - there's a metal vibe and liquorice. It's smokey but also there's summer fruits buried deep within the mix. Malted biscuits and a floaty marshmallow taste has just come from nowhere. What a ride!

Appearance: I like seaweed, the Algal Emperors of the Oceans. The ale is a dark maroon - it's good to behold.

Would you buy 2? Oh yes.

Would you buy 4? I feel an urge to read some scottish folk tales. It may be a wintry wet ale, but give me 4 all the same.

Rating (out of 7): 6 * * * * * * (My first 6 stars in an age... worth the wait!)

1 comment:

Beer Toucher said...

Wow, this looks great! I try to embibe Kelpie whenever I can. The record in the distance is also catching my interest!