Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cotleigh Brewery - Golden Seahawk 4.2%



Taste: Smell of yeast and chlorine; this should be interesting. (It said to serve at room temperature or slightly chilled, I opted for room temp here). There's a real swimming pool changing room mat smell to this, how odd. It tastes entirely pleasant! It's really put out the vinegar burn from that pickled egg (pictured). Light but malty and smooth; it's like my mouth has been covered in some kind of liquid hug.

Appearance: I'm big into bird illustration, so this ticks the right boxes. The beer looks light and delicious.

Would you buy 2? Yes, I had to think if it's worth enduring that smell for it. But I think that it is.

Would you buy 4? Confused... I would drink this a lot. It's nice. Perhaps they could give out complementary nose pegs?

Rating (out of 7): 5***** A bafflingly nice beer. (it's worth noting that now, the smell is more tolerable. Has it subsided, or have I grown to love?)

2 comments:

Goshawk said...

Did the goshawk lay that egg?

Darren said...

A goshawk that lays pickled eggs?! Every beer-lover's dream!