Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oakham Ales - Bishop's Farewell 5%



Taste: ¡SHOCK! as I was pouring this. I didn't need another tasteless ale, I've had a bad run. But with the first gulp I can really tell that the 'cat's licked my bacon' this time. It's as hoppy as a dream, lively, but doesn't sting the throat or eyes like most of this weeks ales. I could drink a lot of these. It's dry though, I'm going to need some saltines (salted goods). Seed-barn aftertaste.

Appearance: So so so light. I thought it was water in the candle light.

Would you buy 2? Yes. Oakham, my saviour! The curse has been lifted for a brief spell.

Would you buy 4? I could see this happening. "Barkeep! Bishop's Farewell for me and all of my friends, please!"

Rating (out of 7): 6****** The saviour of October ales. Could it win the Melthair (Sainsburys), Great British Beer Hunt?

1 comment:

Gerard said...

Wow! I want to go out and get one of these right away!