Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Durham Brewery - Evensong Traditional Ruby Ale 5%



Taste: Oh god. This is good. Big expectations after Bede's Chalice won beer of the month in September. This ruby ale doesn't disappoint. I didn't know how to describe this flavour I'm getting, until I read the label, and it hit me...A toffee-coated Kiwi fruit shouting across the park. I'm stood next to a horse chestnut and the woody scent of conkers is thick in the air.


Appearance: Looks great in my glass. A nice maroon and just the right viscosity to get me all hot and bothered. Their artwork has grown on me too.


Would you buy 2? Yes please. It's very good.


Would you buy 4? I would like four, but I'm going to spend my money on their other bottled beers for now. Can you buy some for me?


Rating (out of 7): 6****** This deserves a high mark. It's a six, but it hasn't rocked me as much as Bede's Chalice. That said, it's still a six.

No comments: