Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Kernel Brewery - Amber Ale Amarillo Kohatu 5.1%



Taste: This has an ultra fruity smell. I could smell it from the table whilst editing this photo. It's got some funky hops in this one, but it does have a homebrew tang. That said, homebrew is for the courageous and noble, so I'll allow it... Actually, if you pour a glass and drink it straight away, it's amazing. Here's the trick; Don't let it sit. The hop-ghosts will scarper.

Appearance: Orangutan Orange U Tang?

Would you buy 2? Probably not, they have a collection of six star ales to go back to.

Would you buy 4? Not for me. There's probably some fruit maniacs out there that would thrive on this. But, as winter draws nearer, I need the comfort of something else.

Rating (out of 7): 4**** It's tasty, for sure, but it's not my favourite Kernel beer.

1 comment:

Gwdihw above your head said...

I'm enjoying this photo and wondering if it's possible to harnish the joy of conkers into an ale. Surely would be an incredible ale!