Sunday, September 18, 2011

Williams Bros Brewing Co. - Profanity Stout 7%



Taste: The Tastiest thing I've had from the Williams Bros brewery. Dried raisins and Coffee splashback. I can't tell if it was better in the pie or as a drink? It's very nice. I'm enjoying it. A confusing drink.

Appearance: Flat Cola. My beef is with the bottle. It an interesting brewer, they make heather ale and other strange brews. But all the call-outs on the bottle annoy me for some reason. "Deeply Irreverent", "Micro Brewed for Maximum Flavour" Come on! And the name!!.... Grrrr.

Would you buy 2? I bought two. One for the pie and one for my mouth. It worked extremely well as the filling to a leak and mushroom pie.

Would you buy 4? No, I don't think so. Maybe if it was draught so I didn't have to read the bottle.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** May have lost a mark for being annoying, but considering all the tasty stouts I've had recently this isn't quite a six.

No comments: