Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dark Star - Imperial Stout 10.5%



Taste: This is an exciting one. Here we go... Wowzer! It smells a bit like creosote. That takes me back... It has a raisiny rummy flavour slapped over a length of slate; a single hop rests on top. Wilting. It's so strong... I'm drunk. 2 sips in. There's a liquorice aftertaste. Or aniseed. But it's distant.

Appearance: Boastful label. But it's okay in this instance. I wanted to keep this for a year or two to age. But who was I kidding. The temptation is too much.

Would you buy 2? Yes. Of course. But to drink them on the same day is asking for trouble.

Would you buy 4? Same answer applies. I would like to own four. But I will not be drinking them in one go.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** It's great! There's something troubling me that stops me awarding this a six. Ask again when I'm finished... This one's a floozy.

1 comment:

Darren said...

After drinking this I bought a premium synth for my iPad and synthed on the couch until I fell asleep.