Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Windsor & Eton Brewery - Guardsman Best Bitter 4.2%



Taste: Oooh! I'm impressed. I thought I was going to be underwhelmed for some reason. But the first sip was a walk in a damp flavoursome cave. In which, hanging plants, stalactites, cool temperatures and dewy moisture all played big parts. Buiscuity malts and a distant hop twang.

Appearance: It looks to be a copper red. Bottle is not that inspiring. But at least it's not bawdy.

Would you buy 2? Yes please. Tonight?

Would you buy 4? I could have four. I see no reason not to.

Rating (out of 7): 5***** A pleasurable pint.

Visit Windor & Eton Brewery Website

2 comments:

Boulefan said...

I do enjoy when an unimpressive bottle/pump label hides a delicious ale! Like a hidden treasure!

Paddy Johnson said...

Thanks for the review guys. always good to get feedback. Let us know if you want any of our other brews for review and/or drop in and see us. Always pleased to have visitors. Paddy