Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nethergate Brewery - Old Growler 5.5%

Taste: This is smooth. Dark, malty, easy to drink - just how I like my Porter! The label says its a 'robust superior porter', which I just couldn't believe when it weighs in at a meagre 5.5%. I think it just about manages it though.

Appearance: Its dark, way darker than expected. I'm sure there's hints of chestnut in there somewhere too. Leaves a good frothy mess on the inside of the glass.

Would you buy 2? I didn't, but I wish I did.

Would you buy 4? 4 in a row! This just isn't that sort of beer, and I'm not that sort of man! Maybe if I was doing a weekly shop...

Rating (out of 7): 4**** Robust and superior it may be, but there's more robust and more superior out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was a champion beer though and an all time classic.