Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Kernel Brewery - Imperial Brown Stout 10.1%



Taste: Rum Rasin Dream! Instantly drunk. It's so thick! Hints of christmas chocolates stolen from the tree by the family dog. I've been made to pine for a log fire in a pub, snow outside & christmas carols. Delicious stuff; it slips down the throat like unicorn blood.


Appearance: Crude Oil. Great parcel paper label as usual. (Also Christmassy).


Would you buy 2? I would love two of these. I think you'd be pretty hammered though, which, I guess you may be after.


Would you buy 4? Surely the ultimate luxury, but the price and strength might stop you. Or it might not...


Rating (out of 7): 6****** It feels like a six to me! Rum Rasin is the best ice cream flavour.

1 comment:

graeme.searle said...

Wow amazing! Just had my first taste from The Kernel Brewery with Imperial Brown Stout. Chocolate, raisin, cream, rum, not a hint of battery that I've come to expect from some stouty competitors. I will definitely be back to The Kernel!