Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Robinson's - Old Tom 8.5%



Taste: Smokey boot rubber. Oh no, this is not what I bargained for. After the watery mid-section, there's a nice after-pang. What's happening to me?!?! This ale doesn't taste strong enough. I think I'm in the market for something unnaturally thick. Although, why I thought I could trust a cat-based ale in the first place is beyond me. We all know that cats and ale don't mix; Ale's a dog's drink. The label promises port, but I'm tasting fortified wine. That bready aftertaste is good though.


Appearance: Coca-Cola.


Would you buy 2? I don't think so, I've been skirting around it in the supermarket for so many years. I was right to steer clear.


Would you buy 4? To confuse an enemy.


Rating (out of 7): 3*** not bad. Just not good.

2 comments:

Gerard Depardieu said...

I'm developing a strong theory about ale with cat labels and this ale is further evidence. More dog labels I say!

Anonymous said...

Im looking forward to seeing this theory!